Do's and don'ts of using social media to help find jobsSep 11, 2:18 pm
Washington, Sept 11 (ANI): While posting too much personal information on social media sites can trash your career, you can also leverage the platform and use it to your advantage when hunting for a job. According to a report in Live Science, Facebook is great for showcasing your professional network memberships, but care needs to be taken to ensure groups you belong to are sending the right message.Other benefits suggested in the report include using social networks to show their own social media acumen. Another way to use social media to your advantage is by developing a presence on other networks, even though Facebook may be the most popular social network, the report said.Amongst others, are ensuring making sure your profiles are complete, becoming friends with any company that you are looking to work for or already working for, showing off some of your work, and keeping a certain level of privacy, as overdoing privacy settings can also be a potential red flag against users. (ANI)
Wearing trainers at work may help you earn more respect Dec 9, 9:56 am
London, Dec 09 (ANI): While it is often customary to wear formal attire at the workplace, a new study has claimed that wearing more casual clothes to the office can enhance an employee's standing among co-workers.Full Story »
It's official! Pregnant women do experience discrimination at work Dec 8, 11:26 am
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): A new study has confirmed that many expecting women experience unfair and unlawful treatment at work, and some even get sacked just for taking maternity leave.Full Story »
Odd working hours affect parent-child relationship Dec 7, 2:06 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): A new North Carolina State University study has found that parents, who work at odd hours, have troubled relationships with their children.Full Story »
What not-to-wear to work revealed! Dec 6, 2:54 pm
Wellington, December 6 (ANI): While adapting your wardrobe according to your workplace, make sure you choose wisely and not suffer a wardrobe malfunction at office. Here are certain ways to help you fit the mould and avoid a clothing malfunction.Full Story »
- Why exercise is better than drinking coffee at work
- Stressed employees failing to switch off from work when on holiday
- How honesty and drive can help you bag a job without a good resume
- 'Best job in the world' entails guzzle beer across the globe!
- Reasons why underdogs succeed in workplaces revealed!
- Men prefer women as bosses even more than women
- Screening Facebook accounts of job applicants could deter candidates
- Tips to keep your business staffed during holidays revealed
- Sharing religious affiliation online can lead to difficult time finding job: Study
- Digital things to avoid at work!
TOP VIDEO STORIES