Do's and don'ts of using social media to help find jobsSep 11, 2:18 pm
Washington, Sept 11 (ANI): While posting too much personal information on social media sites can trash your career, you can also leverage the platform and use it to your advantage when hunting for a job. According to a report in Live Science, Facebook is great for showcasing your professional network memberships, but care needs to be taken to ensure groups you belong to are sending the right message.Other benefits suggested in the report include using social networks to show their own social media acumen. Another way to use social media to your advantage is by developing a presence on other networks, even though Facebook may be the most popular social network, the report said.Amongst others, are ensuring making sure your profiles are complete, becoming friends with any company that you are looking to work for or already working for, showing off some of your work, and keeping a certain level of privacy, as overdoing privacy settings can also be a potential red flag against users. (ANI)
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
New book about Steve Jobs suggests Apple cofounder's disdain for TVs Mar 14, 3:38 pm
Washington, March 14 (ANI): The latest book about Steve Jobs "Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader" that is soon to be released, has excerpts in it that suggest the late Apple cofounder's disdain for Televisions.Full Story »
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
- Outrageous 'excuses' that cheeky work-dodgers use to pull a sickie
TOP VIDEO STORIES