Keyword Results for 'crickets'
'Song' can shape personalities of young crickets Aug 15, 3:21 pm
London, August 15 (ANI): Juvenile male crickets that do not hear a chorus when they are young grow into more aggressive adults, a new study by scientists from the University of California, Davis, US has found.
Washington, Feb 7 (ANI): In the middle Jurassic, some 165 million years ago, many animals, such as amphibians and other arthropods, apparently sang love songs to attract mating partners, according to scientists.
Winning fights raises aggression Dec 22, 4:45 pm
Washington, Dec 22 (ANI): Winning a fight can increase aggressiveness, a new study on fighting crickets has found.
Chivalry is not dead, at least among crickets Oct 7, 2:34 pm
Washington, Oct 7 (ANI): Contrary to popular belief that chivalry - which is long dead and gone - is a trait only held by humans, new research has shown that some insects apparently put the lives of their mating partners ahead of their own.
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES