Singapore passport is world's 'most powerful'
ANI | Updated: Oct 25, 2017 11:02 IST
[Singapore], October 25 (ANI): Singapore's passport has been announced as the most powerful in the world as it secured the top spot in the Passport Index' most powerful ranking with a visa-free score of 159.
The Passport Index developed by Arton Capital ranks national passports by the cross-border access that they bring by assigning a "visa-free score," according to the number of countries a passport holder can visit visa-free or with visa on arrival.
The passports of 193 United Nations member countries and six territories were considered.
Since early 2017, the top position was shared with Singapore, which was steadily moving up the ranks.
Other Asian passports in the top 20 include those of South Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
On the other hand, the United States passport has fallen in the ranking since President Donald Trump took office, according to the index.
The list is as follows:
1. Singapore (159)
2. Germany (158)
3. Sweden, South Korea (157)
4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Japan, United Kingdom (156)
5. Luxemburg, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Portugal (155)
6. Malaysia, Ireland, Canada, United States of America (154)
7. Austria, Greece, New Zealand (153)
8. Malta, Czech Republic, Iceland (152)
9. Hungary (150)
10. Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia (149)