New Delhi [India], Feb 1 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has announced a number of schemes and measures that are expected to benefit the education industry and also improve infrastructure in the sector.
Here are some key highlights for the education sector:
- The government has proposed to increase digital intensity in education, as technology will be the biggest driver in improving quality of education.
- Government will launch 'Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education' by 2022.
- By 2022, every block with more than 50 percent ST population and at least 20,000 tribal people will have 'Ekalavya' school at par with Navodaya Vidayalas.
- The government will introduce 24 new medical colleges, including an upgradation of certain existing colleges. This move will ensure a government medical college in every state.
- Jaitley also proposed to set up two new full-fledged schools of Planning and Architecture.
- The Finance Minister also proposed a gradual move from blackboard to digital board. (ANI)