Olivia Newton-John postpones tour as she battles breast cancer

| Updated: May 31, 2017 11:11 IST

Washington D.C. [USA], May 31 (ANI): Olivia Newton-John postpones her US and Canadian tour after being diagnosed with breast cancer, reads her Facebook post. Doctors have diagnosed the 68-year-old-star with breast cancer that has metastasized to the sacrum, according to the statement. The Grammy winner initially postponed the first half of her concert tour two weeks ago because of severe back pain from what she thought was sciatica; however, further tests discovered it was actually cancer that spread. According to People magazine, a source said, "She plans to be touring in August. They're all very positive." The statement further read, "In addition to natural wellness therapies, Olivia will complete a short course of photon radiation therapy and is confident she will be back later in the year, better than ever, to celebrate her shows." "I decided on my direction of therapies after consultation with my doctors and natural therapists and the medical team at my Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia," said Newton-John in the statement. <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Folivianewtonjohn%2Fposts%2F1577533138926054&width=500" width="500" height="268" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe> Newton-John had previously been diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. She was declared cancer free after receiving chemotherapy and a partial mastectomy. (ANI)

iocl