New Delhi [India], Dec 16 (ANI): Hollywood actresses Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino have spoken out after Sir Peter Jackson said the Weinstein brothers made an effort to blacklist both the actresses from starring in the 'Lord of the Rings' franchise in the 90s.
In an interview with a leading New Zealand website, Jackson noted that Weinstein brothers orchestrated a smear campaign that led to him blacklisting her and fellow actress Mira Sorvino.
Since Peter's interview was published both Ashley and Mira have taken to social media to share their thoughts on his allegations.
Sorvino said she was "heartsick" after seeing the claims.
She took to Twitter to express her views on the allegations, Sorvino wrote, "Just seeing this after I awoke, I burst out crying. There it is, confirmation that Harvey Weinstein derailed my career, something I suspected but was unsure. Thank you Peter Jackson for being honest. I'm just heartsick."
Just seeing this after I awoke, I burst out crying. There it is, confirmation that Harvey Weinstein derailed my career, something I suspected but was unsure. Thank you Peter Jackson for being honest. I'm just heartsick https://t.co/ljK9NqICbm— Mira Sorvino (@MiraSorvino) December 15, 2017
Meanwhile, Judd responded on Twitter by writing, "I remember this well."
I remember this well. https://t.co/wctEhESAS9— ashley judd (@AshleyJudd) December 15, 2017
Judd and Sorvino have both publicly claimed Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed them, and they both missed out on roles in Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' films because of what the brothers had said about them.
They were among the first to publically come forward with allegations of sexual harassment against Weinstein back in October.
According to Page Six, Sorvino has previously said she suspected the movie mogul smeared her good name after she rejected his sexual advances in 1995, "chasing her around" a hotel room in 1995 then inviting himself to her apartment a few weeks later.
In the interview, Jackson said he had "no direct experience or knowledge of the sexual allegations" against Weinstein, he had decided earlier to never collaborate with him again. He recalled Weinstein and his brother, Bob, being difficult to work with.
Meanwhile, Weinstein denied the allegation, through a spokesperson and said, "They were executive producers of the film, they had no input into the casting whatsoever." (ANI)