Catherine Zeta-Jones defends Michael Douglas` harassment denial

ANI | Updated: Jan 16, 2018 15:59 IST

Washington D.C. [U.S.A], January 16 (ANI): Hollywood actress Catherine Zeta-Jones has said that her husband Michael Douglas supports the #MeToo movement "more than anybody".

The 48-year-old actress said this after Douglas released a pre-emptive statement last week denying he sexually harassed a former employee over 30 years ago, reports Page Six.

While giving an interview to a leading US entertainment show, the Oscar-winning actress said, "My reaction was that as two people who have been in this business - him longer than me -- was that we support 'Me Too' and the movement more than anybody, anybody - me as a woman, him as a man."

She added, "And there was no other way than to be preemptive in a story that had to be watched. He did a statement, he did it. I think it's very clear the way that he stands. I cannot elaborate on something that's so very personal to him."

The 'Chicago' star also feels it is an "amazing" time for women at the moment and is impressed that so many have come forward to open up about their experiences.

"We're seeing changes that have taken many years to even be talked about. It's an amazing time for women, and I really want women to remember how strong we are in numbers. This is going to die down. This is not going to be at the forefront of everyone's mind forever and ever and we're going to have to be kind to each other," explained Zeta-Jones.

Last week, Douglas, 73, issued a statement preemptively denying allegations of sexual misconduct from a former employee, though no actual reports about the Oscar winner ever surfaced. (ANI)

iocl