Washington D.C. [USA], September 13 (ANI): J.J. Abrams is back to rule the throne yet again with 'Star Wars.'
"With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy," said Lucas film President Kathleen Kennedy in a statement.
Add on to this news is, the film that was supposed to release in May 2109, will now hit the theatres on December 20, the same year.
The report says, Trevorrow left the project earlier this month and Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio.
On that note, Abrams helped revive the 'Star Wars' film franchise with 'Force Awakens' in 2015, which earned more than two billion dollars worldwide. (ANI)