Sony's TriStar issued a statement, which read, "All the Money in the World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honor in the AFI Fest. But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time. Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn."
The statement also confirmed that the movie will open on the previously planned date, i.e., December 22.
"However, a film is not the work of one person. here are over 800 other actors, writers, artists, craftspeople and crew who worked tirelessly and ethically on this film, some for years, including one of cinema's master directors. It would be a gross injustice to punish all of them for the wrongdoings of one supporting actor in the film. Accordingly, the film will open wide as planned on December 22," the statement continued.
American Film Institute (AFI) also released a separate statement that noted, "AFI Fest celebrates film as a collaborative art form. We support Sony's decision to postpone the premiere in order to ensure the thousands of people who worked together on this film are honoured at a proper time and in a proper light."
The streaming giant said it would not be involved in further production of 'House of Cards' with Spacey. Producer Media Rights Capital said Spacey had been suspended from the political show. (ANI)