Terry Crews files police complaint against alleged sexual assault
Updated: Nov 09, 2017 14:01 IST
Washington D.C. [U.S.A], November 9 (ANI): Last month, actor and former NFL player Terry Crews, asserted that he was once groped by a high level Hollywood executive.
A month after making such allegations, the 49-year-old Hollywood actor has finally filed a police report against the alleged assailant, reports TMZ.
He met with officers in the LAPD Hollywood Station. Crews confirmed that he had filed a report and said, "People have to be held accountable."
He also revealed that he is planning to file a lawsuit against his perpetrator, "We're going to go all the way."
Crews made these allegations last month, detailing his experience in a series of Twitter posts. He tweeted, "This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why? Because this kind of thing happened to ME."
The 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' star wrote that the incident happened at a "Hollywood function" in 2016 and claimed the executive came over to him "and groped my privates."
Crews declined to name the executive, and said he has empathy for "those who have remained silent."
At that time, he concluded by saying, "I understand and empathise with those who have remained silent. But Harvey Weinstein is not the only perpetrator.Hopefully, me coming forward with my story will deter a predator and encourage someone who feels hopeless." (ANI)