London [UK], January 15 (ANI): Losing weight in Arthritis can be difficult as even the simplest of movements can be hard to perform.
Here are a number of simple exercises you can still do to strengthen upper body and lower body:
- Armchair Arm Work
• Holding weights at your sides, palms facing upward, bend your elbows, bringing your hands up.
• Keeping your arms by your side, lower your hands slowly and repeat.
• With an exercise band across your shoulder blades, rest your arms at your sides with elbows bent.
• Raise one arm out while straightening your elbow and turning the palm down.
• Rest that arm, then repeat with other arm in a boxing motion.
- Horizontal Arm Pull
• Gripping an exercise band, extend arms forward, palms down.
• Squeeze your shoulder blades together while pulling your arms out to the side.
• Slowly return to starting position and repeat.