New Delhi [India], Jan 10 (ANI): If you thought the festive season has ended and the party is over, you are highly mistaken!
With the Lohri festival approaching, it's time to gear up for the preparations as the grand, joyous harvest festival is one of the biggest festivals of North India.
This bonfire festival celebrated with rewaris, gazzak, dhol and nagadas is something everyone looks forward to. But, what to wear for the highly vivacious, traditional and classic festival is the big question?
While people love to dance to the tunes of happiness and gratification to the fullest during the festival, let's find out the appropriate dressing ideas to enhance the festival bliss, reliving the cultural spirit.
Here are some interesting tips by fashion designer Prarena Grover that might help you.
- Go Desi
- Ethnic Jackets and Blazers
Ethnic jackets in silk or tussar with heavy embroidery like phulkari work or patch work are also a good option. You can team them up with a pair of cigarette pants to beautify the look.
- Juttis and Chappal
Lohri feel becomes all the more amazing when you are ready to flaunt around in fancy juttis or chappals. Since they are available in multiple colours, you can choose the best that matches your dress perfectly.
- Select Attractive Potlis
To complete the look, you can go for a potli bag made of brocade, silk or tissue. This would reflect the true 'Punjabi appeal' in your entire style.
Style tips for men:
• Men can choose to wear sleeveless khadi or nehru jackets over their kurtas for a nice add-on to the overall look.
• You can also experiment with floral printed kurtas and dhoti with jodhpuri jacket that has become a hot favourite these days.
• If you want to avoid a total desi look, you can wear a kimono styled suit and team it up with a nice printed turban.
• For the choice of footwear- leather sandals and kolhapuri chappals or even juttis can be preferred. (ANI)