New Delhi [India], Mar 26 (NewsVoir): It's that time of the year when everyone from kids to adults overindulge in chocolates and scrumptious sweet delights.
Easter is a festival that is sought after by many across the world for its grandeur of food. From Easter egg hunt to traditional cross buns, this day holds great religious significance and is celebrated in vicinity of family and friends.
Cook-up some healthy desserts that are sure to leave your dear ones impressed.
Rich in antioxidants and an excellent source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) - the plant-based form of omega-3 - California Walnuts are the go-to-nut to add that extra punch of flavor without compromising on taste.
Known for its usage and versatility, California Walnuts blends perfectly with any dish by adding that extra goodness of nutrition.
Below are some lip smacking recipes you must instantly try out this Easter Holiday-
Bourbon Chocolate Creme Caramel with Salted Walnut Caramel
For the cream:
35 g brown sugar
2 egg yolk
170 ml cream
100 ml milk (1,5 percent fat)
1 vanilla bean
50 g dark chocolate, min. 70 percent, in pieces
1 1/2 tbsp. Bourbon
For the caramel ramekins:
35 ml water
100 g sugar
For the salted California Walnut caramel:
30 g sugar
35 g chopped California walnuts
1 pinch of sea salt
1. Mix sugar, egg and egg yolk in a bowl.
2. Fill cream, milk, sliced open vanilla bean and chocolate in a pot and slowly heat it up until the chocolate is melted.
3. Pour the warm chocolate mix over the egg-sugar fluid and stir until it is a homogeneous mixture. Now stir in the Bourbon and let cool down for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat up 35 ml of water together with 100 g of sugar until it turns into dark caramel. Pour caramel in equally sized ramekins and let it cool down. Now pour the cooled down chocolate mass through a sieve onto the caramel.
5. Preheat oven to 150 degree. Put ramekins into an oven tray and fill tray with water until up to half the height of the ramekins. Cover with aluminum foil and "bake" for 35 minutes.
6. Take tray out of the oven and let it cool down for at least two hours. Optionally let it cool during the night and have it ready for the next day.
7. For the walnut caramel, slightly caramelize sugar in a pan until it turns a golden color. Toss in the walnuts, swivel the mixture and add salt. Pour it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and let the caramel cool down. Chop up caramel and garnish your tipped out cremes with it.
Walnut - cranberry mini bundt cake
35 g butter
1 egg (size M)
1 egg yolk
50 g sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
50 g flour
1 pinch baking powder
35 g ground California walnuts
1.5 tbsp dried and chopped cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C (Circulating air: 160 degree C, gas at stage 2-3).
2. Oil mini bundt cake forms. Melt the butter in a pan and let it cool down.
3. With mixer on highest speed, beat egg and egg yolk well for 1 minute until fluffy, then add sugar while stirring on low constantly. The mixture has to be mixed for another 2 minutes.
4. Put flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture and incorporate carefully on lowest speed. At the end put in first ground walnuts and cranberries, then blend in butter.
5. Fill the dough in mini bundt cake ramekins and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.