New Delhi [India], Dec 17 (ANI): Infertility, for long has been primarily considered as a problem faced by only women. But, many researches have been conducted to prove that men are equally responsible for being infertile.
In the contemporary society, one's profession and lifestyle plays a vital role in determining how fertile one is.
- if one sits on a chair for longer duration, it can overheat their testicles.
- keeping a laptop on the lap for a prolonged period can result in a low sperm count.
- wearing tight pants can damage one's testicles and also cause infertility.
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can also result in infertility.
- Stress and anxiety also affects one's sperm count.
Given below are a few essential tips for men to fight infertility:
The harmful ingredients in tobacco smoking can kill sperm cells. On the other hand, alcohol does no good either. Excessive alcohol consumption can reduce libido and also destroy the quality and structure of the sperm.
2. Reduce stress
3. Limit weight lifting
Lifting heavy weights can help one improve sperm concentration, but in case one is overdoing it, then it can be a cause of worry. Exercise in moderation for a healthy sperm count.
4. Eat healthy food
Consume healthy food such as nutritious vegetables, nuts and fresh fruits to improve sperm quality. Vitamin C and E are very important for men. Moreover, drinking four glasses of fresh orange juice a day can help the defective sperm count drop from 20 percent to 11 percent.
5. Sound sleep
6. Seek expert help
One can also seek help to understand whether he needs to undergo any infertility treatment. However, sometimes basic lifestyle changes are enough to increase one's chances of conception. (ANI)