New Delhi [India], Oct 13 (ANI): Festivals are the perfect time for families to shop, indulge, celebrate, learn and spend quality time together. With festive shopping considered especially auspicious, Indians across all sections of the society purchase everything that has been on their minds for a while; from new clothes and jewellery to home decor.
Parents are also eager to enroll themselves as well as their kids in interesting workshops where they are able to develop and unleash their creative skills.
Listed below are five must-visit events in the city that every Mumbaikar should explore with their family and friends during the holiday period.
- The Jaypore Open House: Are you looking to spruce up your home with beautiful wall decor, new drapes, and furnishings this festive season? Or are you keen on making an impactful style statement with an easy and minimalistic look? Jaypore, a leading online platform for India's finest craft-based designs, is here with their Open House event to help you with your last-minute Diwali shopping.
- Festive Soiree: Amp up your style quotient with the finest fashion wear and accessories available at Festive Soiree. So whether you've had your eye on a designer lehenga or have been postponing buying that drool-worthy piece of semi-precious jewelry, now's the time to tick everything off your shopping list.
- Flea Fly Flu: From shopping for your favourite art pieces, exquisite jewelry and trendy apparel to gorging on yummy food while watching live performances, fulfill all your desires this Diwali at the Flea Fly Flu festival. Make the pre-Diwali weekend more exciting by engaging yourself and your family in various fun-filled activities and interesting workshops that will be organized by designers, artists, chefs and musicians from across the country.
- The Kabaad Mela: Thinking of throwing away those empty jam jars lying unutilized in your home? How about transforming them into an attractive chandelier this Diwali? Well, if you're keen to redefine waste and make beautiful objects out of it, then head to the second edition of the Kabaad Mela. The two-day fest will also feature an up-cycling competition, along with workshops, pop-up shops and other performances.
- Festive Fun: This Diwali, instead of buying lanterns, how about creating your own lanterns to light up your home? Learn how to make attractive lanterns out of recycled materials at the one-day workshop to be held on October 14 at Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Byculla. Come along with your family to the museum, get creative and design unique lanterns of different shapes and colours for the upcoming festival. (ANI)