New Delhi [India], September 27 (ANI): India has an array of exotic locations that can leave you spellbound with its beauty- from trails of architectural pasts to the tranquillity that hills offer, blue-green sea-water or wildlife experiences - India has got it all.
1. Kashmir: Snow-clad peaks, lush green valleys, Alpine villages, cascading waterfalls, and flower gardens; Kashmir is truly the 'Paradise on Earth'. Kashmir's major attraction lies in its scenic beauty. The picturesque Dal Lake is a must-visit and during winter, you can enjoy the boat ride here.
2. Agra, Uttar Pradesh: Agra is popular for its prized possession - the Taj Mahal, one among the Seven Wonders of the World. People from across the world visit this magnificent town to get a glimpse of the Taj Mahal and also, the Agra Fort, an integral part of the British history of India. The Fort was the site of the Indian Rebellion of 1857, and today, it's one of the world heritage sites recognized by UNESCO. This incredibly beautiful fort, located by the Yamuna River, features a unique blend of Hindu and Islamic architecture.
3. Leh - Ladakh: Majestic snow-laden Himalayan ranges, lush green landscape, sparkling blue waters, deep gorges, colourful Buddhist monasteries; Leh-Ladakh is nothing less than paradise. You are bound to fall in love with the serenity this place offer, the very first time you visit. Tourists throng to Leh-Ladakh during monsoon since it becomes accessible via road.
4. Goa: We all love visiting Goa, as Goa is divine in terms of scenic beauty, and is the perfect place for a dreamy vacation. During monsoons, there is much more to Goa than just those beautiful beaches and picturesque landscapes. Visiting Goa during monsoons is simply magnificent, and the real beauty and grandeur of this much-loved destination is at its height.
5. Kanyakumari: Also known as Cape Comorin, it is the place where Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal meet up. The darkening horizon is a sight to behold and you must visit this destination to enjoy some moments of solitude. You must witness the spectacular sunset, here. Lakhs of tourist, round the year throng this destination for a serene holiday.
6. Udaipur: In Udaipur, you can live like a king in the fortress of luxury. To get a glimpse into royalty, and to experience grandeur at its best, do visit this enchanting town. Also known as City of Lakes, Udaipur offers variety of activities for your family. Do visit Lake Pichola for a memorable boating experience.
7. Alleppey: The enchanting backwaters at Alleppey, Kerala, are famous for their amazing boathouses and boat rides. You can easily book a boathouse for an entire day, which can be a completely different adventure altogether. In addition to this, you can also take your kids canoeing to enjoy the serene landscape.
8. Darjeeling - Bounded by pristine Himalayan peaks and surrounded by emerald-green tea plantations, Darjeeling is rightly West Bengal's foremost attraction. From July to September, it is high cropping time at Darjeeling's tea estates, and the fresh and green scenery just make the state a must-visit.
9. Ajanta Caves: Ajanta Caves were first discovered in 1819, when a British tiger hunting party stumbled upon them. These 30 marvellous caves have been carved into a giant cliff face, decorated with Buddhist religious art. According to the Archaeological survey of India, the caves contain 'the finest surviving examples of Indian art, particularly paintings.
10. Jim Corbett National Park: Set in the foothills of Himalayan belt, and concealed with lush greenery, Jim Corbett is simply enthralling. Keep your cameras ready to capture rare images of the Royal Bengal Tiger and other wildlife species while they are resting in their habitat. After your jeep safari, you can relax with your family at one of the resorts, located inside the National Park. (ANI)