63 students in UP school fall sick after eating 'expired' biscuits

ANI | Updated: Nov 03, 2017 09:51 IST

Bhadohi (Uttar Pradesh) [India], Nov. 3 (ANI): At least 63 students at a government-run school in Uttar Pradesh's Bhadohi district were taken ill after they consumed expired biscuits given to them by the school administration.

The incident took place on Wednesday evening.

Students of the Aashram Paddati Vidyalaya suffered abdominal pain and started vomiting after which they were admitted to a local hospital.

"All the 63 students at the hospital are stable now. Other 42 students have also been examined. We seized samples of biscuits on the complaint of students and found out they were expired. The food store in the school has been sealed. Strict action will be taken against defaulters," said a district administration official.

Meanwhile, the students complained that they were being provided unhygienic food in the school.

"We often find insects in our food. We also found pieces of broom and hair in the rice. Rotten peanuts are given to us. Today also, we were provided expired biscuits after which we started vomiting," a student, Niraj Kumar, said. (ANI)

iocl