The concerned group of ministers held discussion at length about the allocation of lands and the price at which land can be allocated to state government companies, corporations, central government companies, public sector undertakings, banks, educational and medical institutes, hotels, spiritual organisations and NGOs.
The officials informed the ministers that as of now it is decided to allot approximately 1000 acres of land to 29 companies, some organisations are given lands and they started construction work.
SRM and VIT universities started construction of buildings, and even classes are running. While, Amrita University will start classes from 2018-19 academic year.
NIIT also started construction works. All the farmers who gave lands are given plots, concerned registrations are under process, they informed.
The land allotments are proposed as below;
-Indo UK Hospital: 150 acres
-B R Shetty Medical College: 100 acres
-Nandamuri Basavatarakam memorial cancer foundation, central university, reserve bank of india: 11 acres each
- National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD): 4.3 acres
- Andhra Pradesh State Cooperative Bank (APCOB), State Bank of India (SBI), Andhra Bank, Syndicate Bank, some other banks, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), Food Corporation of India (FCI), Indian Navy: 15 acres each
- Comptroller and auditor general (CAG) of India: 17 acres
- Rail India Technical Economic Services: one acre
- IOC, HPCL, AP Civil Supplies Corporation, APNRT: 4.5 acres
- B R Ambedkar Smriti Vanam: 20 acres
- State Forensic Laboratory: Three acres
- LV Prasad Eye Hospital: 12.5 acres
- KIMS hospital and college: 40 acres
- Xavier School of Management: 30 acres
- Pullela Gopichand Academy: 12 acres
The proposals have been made based on the requirement of those institutes. For some institutes like RBI and Navy, it is proposed that land can be allotted at different parts for their offices and residential areas of employees. Of them, some organisations are already given lands and construction works started.
The GoM has decided the cost of one acre in the range of Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 4 Crores. They decided to allot land only after the amount is paid.
The decisions taken in this Group of Ministers' meeting are to be approved by the state cabinet. Then only the decisions will be implemented.
Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister G Srinivas Rao, Finance department special chief secretary Ravichandra, AP Government principal secretary Ajay Jain, CRDA (Capital Region Development Authority) Commissioner Dr Ch Sridhar, Special Commissioner V Rammohan Rao and others took part in the meeting. (ANI)