The annual function of the Allen Career Institute was underway when the incident took place.
According to a preliminary investigation, the accident took place after the nitrogen balloons got stuck in the electric bulb and the instant heat led to the explosion of balloon.
Among those injured, most of them were former students of the institution and were invited for the event.
The injured were immediately shifted to the nearby hospital and their situation is said to be stable.
However, the police is yet to ascertain the exact cause of incident. (ANI)