Raigad (Maharashtra) [India], August 26 (ANI): The death toll in the building collapse incident in Maharashtra's Raigad district rose to 13, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) said on Tuesday.
Thirteen people have died ---6 male and 7 female-after a five-storey residential building collapsed in Maharashtra's Raigad district on Monday evening. Following which, the local administration and NDRF are carrying out search and rescue operation which has been going on for more than 24 hours now.
Maharashtra Minister Vijay Wadettiwar on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 5 lakh to the family of each person killed in the Raigad building collapse incident.
An FIR was registered against five people earlier on Tuesday at Mahad city police station over the building collapse in a residential area of Mahad, Raigad district.
On this, Wadettiwar said, "We will not spare people responsible for this collapse. They murdered innocent people. Quality of construction material is very poor and is breaking with hands."
According to the police, the FIR has been registered under Sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 304-A (causing death by negligence), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life) and 34 (acts by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). (ANI)