Delhi Congress In-charge P C Chacko addressing a press conference in New Delhi on Friday Photo/ANI
Delhi Congress In-charge P C Chacko addressing a press conference in New Delhi on Friday Photo/ANI

If AAP agrees for alliance in Delhi, we are ready even today: Congress

ANI | Updated: Apr 12, 2019 16:32 IST

New Delhi (India) Apr 12 (ANI): "If Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is ready for an alliance in Delhi, we are ready even today," the Congress said on Friday.
"AAP wanted to have an alliance in other states also which is not practical. Every state is different. We will announce the seats tomorrow or day after tomorrow. If they are ready for an alliance in Delhi with Congress, we are ready even today," Congress leader PC Chacko said during a press conference here.
He added that the Congress is ready to do ally with parties who are willing to defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"We (Congress and AAP) are fighting face to face in Delhi, we fought municipality, assembly, and parliamentary elections, so naturally we both have political bitterness between us but we both understand that the political necessity is that we should come together and defeat BJP in Delhi," said Chacko
"Sanjay Singh met me and we discussed our corresponding strength in the last election in Delhi (in 2017).  Congress got 31 seats and AAP got 49 seats and together we had 80 seats. Our vote share was INC got 21 per cent votes, AAP got 26 per cent votes and in total, we got 47 per cent. There are 7 Lok Sabha seats, we are eligible to get approximately 3 seats while AAP is entitled to 4 seats," Chacko said.
With regards to the recent decision by the Supreme Court over the electoral bonds issue, Congress leader and senior advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi said the Electoral Bonds have become "electoral corruption."
"Modi Ji will now have to explain in writing what is the source of the money, he will also need to explain that whether this money is black or white," said Singhvi while taking a jibe at the Prime Minister.
The apex court passed an interim order asking political parties to submit in a sealed cover to the Election Commission of India (ECI) details of the donations received through electoral bonds.
In an interim order, the apex court directed the parties to furnish details of donors and amounts received through the bonds to the poll watchdog by May 30.
The order was passed by a bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi on public interest litigation (PIL) filed by NGO Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR) and CPI(M). (ANI)

iocl