Nothing to worry about Doklam: Army Chief

ANI | Updated: Feb 21, 2018 17:19 IST

New Delhi [India], Feb 21 (ANI): Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Wednesday assured that there is nothing to worry about the Doklam standoff">Doklam standoff.

"Everything is fine. There is nothing to worry," General Bipin Rawat told media.

He further said that the situation is fine.

Earlier in the day, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba expressed his concern over the increasing assertiveness of China with the frequent instance of transgression by People's Liberation Army (PLA).

"Frequent instance of transgression by PLA across LAC&recent standoff at Doklam are indication of increasing assertiveness of China, as it makes rapid progress economically and militarily.Recent developments have also underscored vulnerability of Siliguri Corridor," Admiral Lanba said.

Last month, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) had dismissed reports of Chinese troops regathering near Doklam, saying that the status quo at the face-off site has not been altered.

Earlier, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had said that the infrastructure development by China's PLA in the Doklam Plateau is temporary in nature.

Last year, a face-off situation triggered in the Doklam region between Indian and Chinese troops that was later resolved following diplomatic discussions between both the nations.

The face-off, which lasted for over three months, was called off after both sides arrived at an understanding for the disengagement of their border personnel.(ANI)

iocl