Sealing drive begins in Khan Market

ANI | Updated: Jan 08, 2018 19:08 IST

New Delhi [India], Jan. 08 (ANI): The drive to seal commercial establishments flouting provisions of the 2021 master plan in Delhi's Khan Market began on Monday, on the orders of a Supreme Court-appointed monitoring committee.

According to the master plan, traders using property for mixed purposes have to pay one-time conversion charge at the rate notified by the government.

"If they have paid (use conversion charge), their shops will not be sealed but unauthorised constructions will be sealed. NDMC has all the records. The drive will begin now," Member of the monitoring committee, SP Jhingon told ANI here at the market.

Meanwhile, a team from New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) also arrived at the site to begin the drive. NDMC Chief Architect Rajeev Sood told reporters there was no list of offenders, and that the team would be visiting each shop to verify their documents.

Earlier in the day, there were speculations that 30 restaurants and seven other commercial establishments in the market might be sealed. (ANI)

iocl