Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Rajya Sabha on Thursday.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Rajya Sabha on Thursday.

There were social media accounts only to spread hatred during Delhi Violence: Shah

ANI | Updated: Mar 12, 2020 21:12 IST


New Delhi [India], Mar 12 (ANI): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday said that some social media accounts during the Delhi violence were operated only to spread hatred.
"There were some social media accounts that started 2 days before violence and were deactivated on 25th. These accounts only functioned to spread hatred. Their owners must be thinking that they are safe but this is the digital age, we will find them and present them before the law," Amit Shah said in Rajya Sabha.
Replying to the debate on Delhi violence in Rajya Sabha, the Home Minister said: "Somebody lost his life, somebody was paralysed, somebody's home was burnt and what are you talking of privacy. Police should have the right to bring those involved in a riot before the court and give the strictest punishment. We have not violated any privacy (Kisi ki jaan chali gai, koi apaahij ho gaya, kisi ka ghar jal gaya, aur kya nijita ki baat karte ho? Police ko yeh adhikaar hona chaiye ki jisne danga kiya hai usko court ke saamne khada kare, aur kathor se kathor saza di jaye. Humne nijita ka koi bhang nahi kiya hai)," said Shah.
At least 53 persons died, including IB officer Ankit Sharma and Constable Rattan Lal in the violence that took place in North-East Delhi last month.
"Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on February 27 that military should be called. There was no meaning to it because riots were controlled by then. But I understand his emotions because several items have been recovered from the home of his councillor, he had to suspend him," said Shah. (ANI)

Loading...
iocl
iocl