Sambhal (Uttar Pradesh) [India], November 27 (ANI): A sweeper and a ward boy working at a district hospital in Uttar Pradesh's Sambhal were suspended after a stray dog was seen tugging at a body, left unattended on a stretcher.
The body was of a minor girl who had died in a road accident. The father of the deceased has accused the hospital officials of negligence. He alleged that the hospital staff left the body of her daughter unattended for over one hour.
"The boy of the girl was left unattended for 1.5 hours. It is a matter of negligence on the hospital's part. No-one was there to look after the body," Charan Singh, the father of the minor alleged.
Responding to the allegations made by the father of the deceased, the Chief Medical Superintendent said that the officials "might have left" the body unattended for "a minute".
"Body was handed over to the family after formalities. They didn't want postmortem and were taking it away. They might've left it unattended for a minute when it happened. I wrote to Municipality about the stray dog menace but to no avail. Probe committee formed," said Chief Medical Superintendent Dr Sushil Verma.
"At prima facie investigation, we found out the sweeper and ward boy responsible. They too had had a lot of bodies to deal with. However, we have suspended them. And we have sought an explanation from the doctor that was on emergency duty along with the pharmacist. Also, we have formed a committee to investigate the matter," the CMS added.
The news of negligence in the Sambhal hospital comes a day after a family in Aligarh's Pilkhuni alleged that their newborn baby died due to a hospital's negligence, adding that her body had animal bite marks on it. (ANI)