Attack on Rahul Gandhi was pre-planned by BJP-RSS: Congress

| Updated: Aug 06, 2017 00:27 IST

New Delhi [India], Aug. 05 (ANI): The Congress has accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) workers of carrying out a 'pre-planned attack' on its Vice President Rahul Gandhi's convoy during his visit to floods affected areas of Gujarat. Speaking at a press conference senior leader Ghulam Nabi Azad said, "I strongly condemn this attack by BJP and RSS workers on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi. It was a pre-panned attack. Rahul Gandhi was under SPG protection when he was attack by a rock .The Central Government and the state governments are answerable to this." The Congress Party on Saturday staged protests across the nation over attack on party vice president Rahul Gandhi's convoy in Gujarat on Friday. The Congress workers staged protests in Gujarat's Ahmedabad , Chandigarh, Madhya Pradesh's capital Bhopal and Maharashtra's capital Mumbai. In Gatkopar, the Mumbai Youth Congress workers threw flowers inside Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) office and shouted slogan against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah. Rahul's car was attacked on Friday when he was on his way to the helipad after visiting the flood-hit areas in Gujarat. Earlier in the day, Rahul cornered Prime Minister Modi and said it was BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) way of politics. "In yesterday's incident, BJP workers threw a stone at me which hit my personal security officer (PSO). This is Prime Minister Modi and BJP- RSS 's way of politics. What can I say?" Rahul told media. Indirectly referring to Prime Minister, Rahul said, "Why the one, who has done this, would condemn the incident?" Following the attack yesterday, Rahul took to Twitter and wrote, "Narendra Modi ji's slogans, black flags and stones will not stop us.... We will put in all our might into the service of people." Condemning the incident, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said that a senior officer has been appointed to investigate into the incident and assured that a strict action will be taken against the guilty. "I condemn the unfortunate attack on Rahul Gandhi's convoy. I have instructed officers to take strict action against those responsible. Govt has appointed Add DG rank officer to investigate in detail&will tk strict action against those found responsible (sic)," Rupani tweeted. (ANI)

iocl