Bikaner rape case: Charges are serious, can't be denied, says Rajasthan HM

| Updated: Mar 26, 2017 02:08 IST

Jaipur (Rajasthan) [India], Mar. 25 (ANI): Taking cognizance of the Bikaner sexual assault case, Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria dubbed it a serious offence, saying that it should not be overlooked. "This has come out in counter of a case, but charges are very serious and can't be denied," Kataria told ANI. Earlier in the day, expressing grave concern over the sexual assault of a minor in Bikaner, women activist Brinda Adige demanded that the accused must be booked under The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012 and the school management be booked under criminal negligence. "All these people need to be booked under POSCO and the administration should be booked for criminal negligence," Adige told ANI. Former National Commission for Women (NCW) member Shamina Shafiq also dubbed the incident as shocking and demanded that the case should be dealt very vigilantly. "It's a very shocking incident, but at the same time I would like to say that one needs to investigate the case very properly because the case perhaps seems to be of 2015 and has been reported now in 2017," she said. The matter came into light after the minor girl's father alleged that his daughter was raped by eight teachers of a private school who also made a video of the heinous act. The alleged incident occurred in April 2015 and the FIR was registered on Friday after the girl's father gave a complaint to the police. (ANI)

iocl