Defence experts hail US court decision of overturning Trump's request to restore ban

| Updated: Feb 06, 2017 11:24 IST

Nagpur (Maharashtra) [India], Feb. 6 (ANI): Indian Defence on Monday welcomed the United States court decision to deny U.S. President Donald Trump's request of restoring travel ban issued by him over seven Muslim-Majority countries. The defence added if U.S. is so paranoid of terrorists entering their shores they must run a detailed check on the suspects and not ban immigrants altogether. Speaking to ANI, Flying Officer Shivali Deshpande disregarded the ban and asserted that Trump must come up with solid steps to meet the promises that outlined his Presidential campaign issue of fighting terrorism. "I think the stay is very correct, if he wants to fight against terrorism, banning immigrants is certainly no solution to it." She also said that the U.S. should stop lending helping hand to Pakistan. "If they really want to combat terrorism then what is their approach towards Pakistan. Osama Bin Laden, the Mastermind of 9/11 was found in Pakistan. When will they stop lending helping hand to Pakistan, or declare that Pakistan is a Terrorist country. They have announced a bounty on Hafiz Saeed; but when are they going to arrest Hafiz Saeed?" she added Colonel (retd.) Sunil Deshpande also branded Trump's ban as inefficient and hailed U.S. court's decision, "Rightly so, the court has said that entry cannot be stopped. If the American government is scared of terrorists entering their shores, then they should carry out a detailed screening of all those who are coming inside, but stopping entry is absolutely unreasonable," he said. Earlier, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security had suspended all actions to implement President Donald Trump's immigration order after a federal judge in Seattle issued a ruling to temporarily block the executive order on immigration and refugees. "In accordance with the judge's ruling, DHS has suspended any and all actions implementing the affected sections of the Executive Order entitled 'Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States'. This includes actions to suspend passenger system rules that flag travellers for operational action subject to the Executive Order," DHS acting press secretary Gillian Christensen said in a statement. President Trump blasted the ruling in a series of tweets saying, "The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!" "When a country is no longer able to say who can, and who cannot, come in & out, especially for reasons of safety &.security - big trouble!" he followed. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection also alerted airlines that the U.S. government would quickly begin reinstating visas that were previously cancelled and it advised airlines that refugees in possession of U.S. visas will be admitted as well. Trump's executive order that he signed last week suspended immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days, the US refugee program for 120 days and indefinitely halted Syrian refugees from entering the U.S. The seven affected Muslim-majority countries are Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen. (ANI)
iocl