Jayalalithaa's life a lesson for all: DMDK

| Updated: Aug 23, 2017 11:20 IST

New Delhi [India], Dec 6 (ANI): The Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) on Tuesday dubbed the demise of late Tamil Nadu chief minister J. Jayalalithaa as an irreparable loss and said that the latter's life was a big lesson for all. Asserting that leaders of all political parties admired her courage, DMDK leader D. Siva said that in the age of 68 Jayalalithaa made a huge mark in all spheres of her life. "The sad demise of J. Jayalalithaa is an irreparable loss, she passed at the age of 68 and within this age she has made she has made a remarkable mark in the film industry as well as in the political arena," said Siva. "She has been the member of legislative agency seven times, opposition leader twice and Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu twice. Even leaders from other political parties admired her, for the kind of courage she had. She faced troubles and ordeals throughout her life but she overcame. She is a big lesson for all, that if you have strong will you can get over anything," he added. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Chennai to pay his respects in person before her funeral takes place at 4.30 pm. President Pranab Mukherjee's plane to Chennai returned to Delhi with a technical problem. He will take another flight to attend the funeral. Meanwhile, tributes are being paid to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall in Chennai where her mortal remains have been kept in the state. Preparations are currently underway at MGR Memorial at Marina Beach, Chennai, for her last rites. The Government of India has, as a mark of respect to Jayalalithaa announced that the national flag will fly at half-mast in capitals of all states and UTs. The government has also decided to accord a state funeral to the departed leader which will take place at 4.30 p.m. in Chennai. The 68-year old AIADMK supremo breathed her last at 11:30 p.m. at the Apollo Hospitals in Chennai. Jayalalithaa, who had suffered a massive cardiac arrest on Sunday evening, was admitted to the hospital on September 22 following complaints of fever and dehydration. (ANI)