JNTU Kakinada students diagnosed with food poisoning, blame hostel food

| Updated: Jul 15, 2017 12:14 IST

Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh) [India], July 15 (ANI): As many as 25 students of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada were diagnosed with food poisoning, allegedly caused by the food provided by the university hostel. The incident was reported on Thursday, when a group of engineering students approached a doctor after they came down with fever and diarrhoea. Upon further medical examination, it was observed that the students were affected by food poisoning. A resident dispensary doctor, Dr. Akhila, who was inspecting the case, said due to seasonal influenza, the students complained of fever and mild diarrhoea. However, the students claimed the hostel food consumed by them has to be the reason for their collective illness. Meanwhile, JNTU's Registrar Prasad Raju assured that utmost hygiene is being maintained in the preparation and dining hall alike, with all utensils being thoroughly cleaned by the concerned officials. (ANI)
iocl