South China Sea: China says 'will never accept settlement plans by third party'
| Updated: Aug 23, 2017 11:20 IST
New Delhi, July 29 (ANI): Continuing aggressive stand on maritime sovereignty in the South China Sea, China has said it will never accept any kind of dispute settlement by the third party and will never accept the settlement plans or ideas imposed upon Beijing. Speaking on the occasion of the 89th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army on Thursday, Major General Wang Xiao jun - the Military, Naval and Air attache at the Chinese Embassy in New Delhi, said, "China firmly defends its territory sovereignty and maritime rights and interests. As for the so called for the arbitration of south china sea award brought unilaterally by former government of one country, China states time and again its stand of non-acceptance, non-participation, and non-exclusion. China will never accept any kind of dispute settlement by the third party and will never accept the settlement plans or ideas imposed upon China." "China will continue to talk directly with relative parties and try the best to search the South China Sea dispute peacefully on the basis of respect, historical facts and international law. China respects and supports the freedom and limitation of over flight in the south china sea according to international law and would like to cooperate with any other coastal countries and international society to ensure the streamline in that area of sea," he added. China has refused to accept the South China Sea arbitration award issued by the Permanent Court of Arbitration in Hague and reaffirmed its territorial sovereignty, maritime rights and interests. The ruling had favoured petitioner Philippines saying the country's sovereignty had been breached by the dragon. (ANI)