Representative Image
Representative Image

Telangana: 7-year-old boy electrocuted to death

ANI | Updated: Feb 12, 2019 18:35 IST

Hyderabad (Telangana), [India], Feb 12 (ANI): A seven-year-old boy died after coming in contact with a live electrical wire of a lamp post in Hyderabad on Monday night, police said.

The incident occurred in PBEL society, one of the posh societies in Ranga Reddy district in Cyberabad. Monish, a class 2 student was electrocuted while he was playing with friends in the PBEL society.

Circle Inspector of Narsinghi Police Station Ramana Goud told ANI: "The unfortunate incident happened around 6.30 pm on Monday and a 7-year-old boy Monish died after he got caught a live electrical wire attached to a pole. He was immediately rushed to a local hospital but doctors declared him as brought dead. After the postmortem, the body was handed over to his parents."

A case under Article 304 (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the contractor who maintains the electricity system of the society and others.

Police is investigating the matter. (ANI)

iocl