Shane Warne cleared of adult movie star's assault claim

ANI | Updated: Sep 25, 2017 13:42 IST

Sydney [Australia], Sept 25 (ANI): Australian spin legend Shane Warne has been cleared over allegations that he had recently punched an adult movie actress in the face at a Mayfair nightclub.

The 48-year-old was accused of punching 30-year-old glamour model Valerie Fox at the upmarket Loulou's nightclub in the early hours of Saturday morning.

However, the former spin bowler now revealed that he was initially questioned but subsequently released without charge. He further informed that no further action would be taken in the matter.

"This is now the end of the matter. Thanks for all the kind messages of support," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne, as saying.

Although Warne admitted that he was `shocked` to be accused of assaulting an adult entertainment actress, he fully co-operated with the police throughout the investigation.

"I was shocked to read the media stories circulating earlier today concerning a false allegation of assault. I have fully co-operated with the police, and they have now had the opportunity of seeing CCTV and speaking to witnesses," Warne said.

Earlier, the 48-year-old was interviewed in a central London police station after Valerie filed a complaint, alleging altercation between the pair at Loulou's nightclub.

Posting a photo of her swollen black eye, Valerie blamed it on a "famous" man while also describing Warne as `vile creature`.

"I am not lying. Just because you're famous doesn't mean you can hit women. Proud of yourself ? Hitting a woman? Vile creature," she said in a series of tweets.

Meanwhile, without revealing the identities of anyone involved in the incident, Westminster police said that a 48-year-old man who had been "interviewed under caution" in connection to the incident had been "released with no further action to be taken".(ANI)

iocl