Jalalabad attack
Jalalabad attack

15 killed in Jalalabad attack

ANI | Updated: Jul 31, 2018 21:26 IST

Kabul [Afghanistan], Jul 31 (ANI): At least 15 people were killed when two gunmen stormed into the building of department of migrants and refugees in Jalalabad's PD3 area in Afghanistan on Tuesday.
Eyewitnesses said that a number of explosions and gunfire shots can be heard from the scene of the attack.
Officials told TOLOnews that a car bomb exploded near the entrance of the compound at around 11:30 am (local time) with two men barging inside the government building.
Security forces were called in and were engaged in operations throughout the day. The siege finally ended after more than six hours, with the gunmen confirmed dead.
Employees had escaped from the building during the assault, but many of them remained trapped inside the building.
Huge layers of black smoke were also seen during the attack.
The latest assault came after at least two people were killed and five others injured after terrorists stormed inside a midwife training centre, belonging to Afghanistan's Ministry of Public Health on July 28.
TOLO news quoted the spokesperson for Nangarhar governor, Attaullah Khogyani as saying that two staff members were killed in the attack that lasted for five hours.
There has been a spate of terrorist attacks in the troubled eastern Afghan city in the past recent months.
Earlier on July 1, a suicide bombing killed at least 19 people, mostly Sikhs and Hindus. The deceased also include Avtar Singh, the only Sikh candidate for the Afghan parliament. (ANI)

iocl