Kabul [Afghanistan], October 24 (ANI): At least three militants belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group were killed after the Afghan national defence and security forces conducted raids on their hideouts in the eastern Nangarhar province.
According to the Khaama Press, the provincial government media office in a statement said raids were conducted by the Afghan commando forces and in coordination with the other security institutions.
The statement further said the forces have recovered a machine gun and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, adding that the operation was still underway.
However, there are no reports of any causality borne by the civilians and the forces.
Meanwhile, the 201st Silab Corps of the Afghan National Army in the East said the operation have been launched to wipe out the loyalists of the terror group and other insurgents from the area.
Earlier this week, at least 40 people including two trainers of the ISIS and several suicide bombers were killed in the airstrike conducted by the United States in the Achin district of Nangarhar Province. (ANI)