Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi
Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi

Pak unhappy over OIC invite to India, host UAE snubs

ANI | Updated: Feb 26, 2019 19:38 IST

Islamabad [Pakistan], Feb 26 (ANI): UAE did not pay heed to Pakistan's concern over the invitation extended to India for the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) meet slated to be held next week.
Speaking to media post-National Security Committee (NSC) meeting, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Tuesday, "I telephoned UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and expressed disappointment on the invitation of Indian foreign minister Swaraj to attend OIC. However, while discussing the matter with my UAE counterpart, he did not respond to it. Then I contacted Pakistan's ambassador to UAE (Moazzam Ahmad Khan) to discuss the matter with them (UAE government), but still, there was no response."
In a first, OIC invited India as a “Guest of Honour” last week for the inaugural plenary of its meeting of Foreign Ministers to be held on March 1.
Swaraj has been invited by the Foreign Minister of United Arab Emirates to address the inaugural plenary of the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers to be held in Abu Dhabi, read a statement issued by the External Affairs Ministry.
Responding to IAF massive air strikes on Jaish-e-Mohammed's advanced training camp in Pakistan, Qureshi said that Islamabad will respond to any "uncalled aggression" from New Delhi and warned India to be prepared for any "events of eventualities".
"The situation is very grave right now. We will act, not react. We reserve the right to retaliate. Pakistan will respond to such uncalled aggression from India and our armed forces are prepared for any events of eventualities," said Qureshi, after the NSC meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
"India's action is a violation of our sovereignty and we will definitely engage," he added.
Earlier today, India's Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale said the country had hit the largest Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) camp in Balakot in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, eliminating a “large number” of terrorists, including top commanders.
The terror camp in a thick forest area atop a hill was led by Ustad Gauri, brother-in-law of JeM chief Masood Azhar, Gokhale said, making a statement before the media, hours after the air strikes using Mirage 2000 were carried out.
He said the “pre-emptive” strike by India had become absolutely necessary as there was credible information that JeM, which recently carried out a terror attack in Pulwama, was planning further attacks in the country.
A large number of Jaish terrorists, including top commanders, trainers and those terrorists who were to be the ‘fidayeen’ (suicide attackers) were eliminated in the “non-military” air strike, the Foreign Secretary said.
The Indian action came 12 days after JeM carried out a terror attack on a CRPF convoy in Pulwama in south Kashmir, killing around 40 personnel and injuring five others. (ANI)

iocl