According to the local media reports, the death toll may rise further as around 30 people are feared to be buried alive due to the landslides .
Head of the island of Biliran's Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office Jun Basilio confirmed the recovery of the bodies from two towns on Sunday.
Earlier, it was reported that three people were killed before the storm's landfall.
Basilio said the storm has damaged several bridges and roads which has left the communities isolated from the mainland Leyte province.
Moreover, the electricity has not been restored to the province, said Basilio.
Meanwhile, the Philippines' National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council's (NDRRMC) report highlighted that around 88,000 people had been displaced since the typhoon has struck the country this year.
Meanwhile, in a report Sunday, the NDRRMC said that nearly 88,000 people - equivalent to over 20,000 families - had been displaced by the first major typhoon to strike the country this year.(ANI)