Two Australian nationals injured in Kabul blast

ANI | Updated: Mar 03, 2018 13:23 IST

Kabul [Afghanistan], Mar 2 (ANI): Australia's Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop on Saturday confirmed that two of its nationals were injured in the suicide blast in Qabel Bai area of Afghanistan capital Kabul on Friday.

Tolo News quoted Bishop as saying in a statement that a car bomb was detonated near a convoy of Australian Embassy vehicles while they were travelling in Kabul.

"All Australian Embassy staff are safe," she said in the statement. However, two Australian security contractors were injured in the attack," she added.

Yesterday, Afghan Ministry of Interior's (MoI) spokesman Najib Danish said at least one person was killed and 14 others injured in the explosion.

Bishop further said, "The Australian government extends its sympathies to families and friends of people killed and injured in this attack."

Due to the high-intensity blast, some houses also got damaged.

No insurgent group has claimed the responsibility for the attack, so far. (ANI)

iocl