New Delhi [India], Mar 9 (ANI): The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Friday said they are investigating how Farooq Takla, who is an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts, managed to renew his passport in Dubai.
MEA Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, "There's a way to issue and renew a passport. We are finding out how this took place in his case. It is very clear that he is a fugitive and is wanted by the Government of India. We were in touch with the Dubai government and they have deported him."
On Thursday, underworld kingpin Dawood Ibrahim's key aide Takla was sent to judicial custody till March 19 by a TADA court in Mumbai.
Earlier in the day, Takla was produced before the TADA court for remand.
Takla was brought back to Mumbai after being deported from Dubai.
He fled from India after the Mumbai blasts, following which a Red Corner Notice was issued against him in 1995.
Apart from this, Takla is also facing various other charges including criminal conspiracy, murder, attempt to murder.
At least 27 other accused in the Mumbai blasts, continue to elude and are declared as absconders. (ANI)