Houses on CPEC route burnt: Baloch leader appeals nations to take notice

| Updated: May 23, 2017 12:19 IST

Geneva [Switzerland], May 23 (ANI): Criticising the "brutality" of the Pakistani forces for burning several houses in the Kech district during a military operation, Baloch Republican Party spokesperson Sher Mohammad Bugti has appealed to all the human rights organisations and the international community to take notice of the "war crimes" being committed against the Baloch people. Kech is one of the key districts of Pakistan where the USD 51 billion worth China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will be passing through. "State aggressions have crossed all limits. Pakistani army conducted a heavy military offensive against defenseless innocent Baloch. Helicopters, artilleries, and other kind of sophisticated modern weapons were used against the civilian population in Jahoo and other surrounding areas of Awaran, Balochistan," Bugti said in a statement. He added that four mutilated dead bodies of innocent Baloch were found dumped during the operation. "We are deeply concerned that other dead bodies that have not been recognised might be those of previously abducted Baloch," Bugti said, while adding that Pakistani forces looted, ransacked and burned down almost every house in Jan Mohammad Bazar of the Kech district. Bugti said another dozens of innocent civilians, including women and children, have suffered critical injuries after being beaten and tortured by the army personnel during the operation. He said similarly incidents are happening in Dera Bugti and Kohistan Marri area where civilians are being targeted by the Pakistan Army's constant shelling. (ANI)

iocl