Take hydrogen bomb threat 'literally': N-Korean official
ANI | Updated: Oct 26, 2017 01:51 IST
New York [USA], Oct 26 (ANI): A senior North Korean official warned the United States to take Pyongyang's hydrogen bomb threat 'literally', contending that the country has always delivered on its words.
In reference to North Korean foreign minister Ri Yong Ho's threat at the United Nations General Assembly last month about testing a powerful hydrogen bomb over the Pacific Ocean, Ri Yong Pil said the country "has always brought its words into action."
"The foreign minister is very well aware of the intentions of our supreme leader, so I think you should take his words literally," CNN quoted Ri Yong Pil as saying.
At the interview, Ri also declined having diplomatic channels with U.S., contrary to the claims of US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
"The US is talking about a military option and even practicing military moves. They're pressuring us on all fronts with sanctions. If you think this will lead to diplomacy, you're deeply mistaken," Ri said.
The tension escalated when North Korea said the military is "preparing and examining" a plan to launch a missile strike on the strategic U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, just hours after President Donald Trump warned the regime that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury".
The act invited rigorous sanctions from the UN against the country. (ANI)