Golden Globe-winner Aziz Ansari finally responds to allegation of sexual misconduct

Updated:1 year, 1 month ago IST

New Delhi, Jan 15 (ANI): Golden Globe award-winning artist Aziz Ansari has finally opened up about the claim of sexual misconduct. In a statement to People magazine, the 34-year-old actor recalled the night he met the woman and after days of talking to each other, they eventually went on a date and ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was "completely consensual." The statement read, “In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.” The statement continued, “The next day, I got a text from her saying that although it may have seemed okay, upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said.” The actor further said, “I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.”

Related Video

iocl