40 students fall ill after consuming ‘prasad’ at school in Jharkhand’s Lohardaga

Updated:1 month, 1 week ago IST

Lohardaga (Jharkhand), Feb 11 (ANI): At least 40 students fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a school in Jharkhand’s Lohardaga district. This incident took place, when school was celebrating Basant Panchami. Confirming the incident, Doctor of Sadar Hospital, SS Khalid said, “40 children have come here till now, one or two are in critical condition. It is a case of food poisoning, we are treating them accordingly.” Doctor further added that children started vomiting after having ‘bundi’. They suffered food poisoning. Meanwhile, District Education Officer of Lohardaga, Ratan Mahwar, said, “The administration is investigating this matter, we will take action against whoever is found guilty. We will get the food sample examined to ascertain the cause.”

Related Video

iocl